Windows Server 2022 Standard/Datacenter
- Turn on the system.
- Insert the DVD Disk/USB Stick.
- Turn off the system.
- Turn on the system whilst simultaneously tapping the systems boot key which is most commonly ESC.
- This will load up the boot menu. Select the DVD drive/USB Stick and press enter. (If installing using our USB Stick - it may show up under the name VendorCo)
- The windows boot sequence should come up. Wait for it to go to the install menu. This may take a while
- Input the keyboard layout, language and time format. Then click next.
- Click Install Now.
- Choose Server edition. (e.g. Standard Desktop Experience)
- Accept the license terms.
- Choose custom install (Advanced)
- Delete all partitions. This will leave behind a partition titled unallocated space.
- Choose this partition & click next.
- Wait for the install to complete.
- Windows will reboot
Server no desktop experience
- Set admin password, confirm
- Manage Windows Server 2022 through PowerShell via server core interface
- Set admin password, click finish.
- Click Ctrl + Alt + Del and enter the admin password
- Configure server through the server manager
To activate Windows Server, run CMD as admin and perform the following command:
Dism /online /Set-Edition:ServerStandard /AcceptEula /ProductKey: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX- XXXXX-XXXXX
(Instead of the X, please enter the product key purchased)
Links to create bootable media if you have purchased product key card: